Nothing drives me more than learning a new knowledge and I get to do what I love through my course at UMass Boston. I'd recommend this part time course (or the full time course by Carnegie Mellon) to anyone keen to pursue a profession in Education/Instructional Design.
The beauty of this profession is that we never stop learning a new knowledge. I remember a friend telling me, "I'm like a walking dictionary with 'useless' information". In this KBE era, an affinity towards lifelong learning is a necessity to remain current. As individuals, we must proactively chart our career path before we are forced towards employment restructuring.
That brings me to my next point. I have countless plans to diversify my skill sets (so that I can realise my dream of becoming a freelance Subject Matter Expert/Lecturer by 45):
1. Complete my MEd in Instructional Design (curriculum development skills)
2. Complete my ITPM Certification (improve efficiency in my job)
3. Take up a Grad. Dip. in Info-Communication (IT & Multimedia knowledge)
4. Take up MSc. in KM (for a wholistic perspective of the industry)
5. Take up a MA. in Education & Human Development (HCM knowledge)
Besides pursuing a secular education, I am also looking forward to:
1. Nourishing my soul with more knowledge (be a better person for all)
2. Spending more time with my family (neglected them earlier in my career)
3. Doing more for charity (for causes close to my heart - children & the elderly)
4. Starting my own sideline business (as a hobby for 'rainy days')
5. Settling down & being the best mummy I could ever be
At the end of the day, I want balance in my life by maintaining a healthy body, mind & soul as well as leading a fulfilling life. Is that too much, you reckon? ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment